Mahindra launches its flagship Global SUV, The XUV700 in Australia
June 14, 2023
- New Age SUV: Built ground up on an all-new platform, the XUV700 is set to appeal to SUV customers in Australia with its unmissable presence, spirited performance, sophisticated dynamics, modern technology and global safety standards
- Modern Technology: The XUV700, the flagship Mahindra SUV, packs a gamut of tech features including a dual HD 10.25” (26 cm) infotainment screen, 10.25” (26 cm) digital cluster, and connectivity through Apple CarPlay / Android Auto
- Available in two variants and in five exciting colours, the driveaway price of the XUV700 starts from AUD $36,990
Brisbane, June 14th, 2023: Global manufacturer Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. launches the highly anticipated XUV700 (pronounced as XUV, 7 double ‘Oh’) in Australia. The Australian market appreciates high-quality SUVs and Utes and is an important destination for global manufacturers. Given the strategic importance of this market, Mahindra’s introduction of its flagship SUV here marks Mahindra’s ambitious global expansion strategy and signifies the beginning of an exciting new phase for the brand in Australia.
Mahindra recognizes the significance of the Australian market and its alignment with the company’s SUV DNA, catering to the country’s culture and lifestyle. The XUV700 is designed to meet the expectations of Australian consumers by offering a contemporary and sophisticated SUV experience. With a strong commitment to catering to urban audiences, Mahindra Australia, a subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., is actively working on expanding its network. The focus is on enhancing accessibility and convenience for customers in metro locations.
Veejay Nakra, President – Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra, expressed his excitement about the XUV700’s entry into the Australian market, stating, “The introduction of the XUV700 in Australia marks a significant step for the Mahindra brand here. We are thrilled to bring our global flagship SUV to the highly competitive Australian market and we strongly feel that with its exceptional combination of style, comfort, safety and performance, the XUV700 will attract a strong customer base. The XUV700 has been engineered to cater to global markets and given its sensational success in the Indian market, we are confident that customers in Australia too will appreciate its class-leading attributes, advanced features, modern technology, and global safety standards.”
The XUV700 is built from the ground up on an all-new platform and is set to stir the Australian market with its unmissable presence, spirited performance, sophisticated dynamics, modern technology, and global safety standards.
Mahindra’s brand commitment to delivering an authentic SUV experience is clearly reflected in every aspect of the XUV700. Mahindra has conducted rigorous testing of the XUV700 in various parts of the world, ensuring its reliability and performance in diverse conditions. This SUV is perfectly aligned to seamlessly integrate into the lifestyle of Australian customers. Equipped with a panoramic sunroof, one of the largest in its segment, and a host of modern tech and safety features, the XUV700 line-up is available in two variants and five colours, with drive away prices starting from AUD $36,990 Customers will enjoy a warranty of 7 years or 150,000 kms, whichever is earlier.
With over 100,000 customers in India, the third largest market in the world, and a remarkable track record of success, the XUV700 has garnered 40 accolades and awards, including the prestigious “2022 Indian Car of the Year.” These awards and achievements serve as a strong testament to the XUV700’s leadership position in the SUV segment in the world’s most competitive market, highlighting Mahindra’s unwavering dedication to delivering world-class products that captivate and inspire customers.
Mahindra’s launch of the XUV700 in Australia is a testament to its commitment to delivering high-quality, reliable, safe and performance-driven mobility solutions from India to the world. As Mahindra continues to expand its presence and product offerings, the XUV700 represents an exciting chapter in the brand’s global journey, bringing together the best of Mahindra’s SUV legacy with the aspirations and preferences of Australian SUV enthusiasts.
About Mahindra XUV700
Packing an unmissable presence, tough yet sophisticated experience, spirited performance, global safety standards and modern technology, the XUV700 is set to excite Australian Customers.
- The striking front grille with the new Twin Peaks logo takes pride of place.
- The authentic SUV stance and the wide track hint at performance ably supported by the overall vehicle dynamics.
- XUV700 has LED Clear-view Headlamps with Automatic Boosting and LED daytime running lights. At the rear, the arrow-tip taillights utilise LED technology, with an additional high-mount LED brake lamp.
- Conventional door handles giving way to invisible ‘Smart door handles’, a first-in-segment by XUV700.
- Prominent wheel haunches above the arches, especially at the rear help achieve a sporty stance, making the XUV700 look fast even while standing still.
Tough yet Sophisticated
New from the ground up, the XUV700 underpins a completely new platform for the brand that has set the direction for the SUVs of tomorrow, with advanced engineering, the latest technology and impeccable craftsmanship. The body makes use of enhanced high-tensile and ultra-high tensile steels that increase the toughness and torsional rigidity while reducing the overall weight of the vehicle, contributing to reduced fuel consumption.
The all-independent suspension set up of the XUV700 was developed with varied road surfaces in mind.
- XUV700 offers class leading performance through multi-link suspension with stabiliser bar & FSD (Frequency Selective Damping) technology.
- While superior ride comfort is guaranteed, it also provides unparalleled dynamic capabilities in tune with the performance on offer.
At the heart of the XUV700, we have the 2.0 L mStallion turbo-petrol engine, delivering exhilarating performance, 149.2 kW at 5000 rpm and class-leading torque of 380 Nm available in full from 1750 rpm that brings a rush like never before. This engine provides refined motoring and linear power delivery.
All versions of XUV700 are fitted with Mahindra’s smooth-shifting 6-speed automatic transmission. This transmission is mapped to perfectly match the power profile of the petrol engine at exhilarating cruising speeds.
The XUV700, the first of a new generation of SUVs from Mahindra comes packed with a whole lot of features.
The new Mahindra Super screen – a combination of two high-definition 10.25” (26 cm) digital screens for the digital cluster and infotainment systems – takes pride of place in the Mahindra XUV700 cabin. The UI on these screens is highly customisable and allows for a detailed view of vehicle information.
Both the variants of the XUV700 in Australia are fitted with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, which allows for a seamless connection with any smartphone. This also allows the driver to interact with their smart phone via the large infotainment screen and use voice commands through Android auto and Apple car play.
Another treat across the entire XUV700 range is Mahindra’s SkyroofTM. This panoramic sunroof covers most of the passenger compartment and creates an airy and light ambience in the cabin.
Mahindra has partnered with SONY to customise the sound experience inside the XUV700. In the flagship AX7 L variant, the sound system is upgraded to a 12-speaker SONY system with full immersive 3D sound. The AX7 L also treats its owner with wireless charging and fully automatic electronic door handles.
On the AX7 L, Mahindra has added a Blind View Monitor system as standard. It has also included four digital cameras, mounted in the nose, tailgate and side mirrors, for a 360-degree bird’s eye view of the vehicle when manoeuvring or parking. This system can be set to continuously record while driving, negating the need for a traditional dashcam through memory card installation.
Global Safety Standards
Safety is one of the core pillars of the XUV700 experience:
- The XUV700, with 7 airbags on the top variant; comprising of driver and passenger front airbags, curtain across all three rows, side airbags and a driver knee airbag.
- The AX7 versions of the XUV700 offers comprehensive Advanced Driving Assistance Systems (ADAS) as standard. This includes Smart Pilot Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keep Assist and even Traffic Sign Recognition as standard.
- The XUV700 AX7 range also has automatic headlamps with High Beam Assist, which switches automatically between low and high beam.
- Safety on the AX7 range is further taken care of by the tyre pressure monitoring system
- The AX7 L also has a Stop and Go driving function as part of its adaptive cruise control, allowing for stress free driving in city traffic.
Range, colour and pricing
Two models are available at launch, all fitted with the new 2.0 litre Turbo-Gasoline engine and smooth six-speed automatic transmission.
Buyers can choose between Everest White, Midnight Black, Dazzling Silver, Red Rage and the global launch colour – Electric Blue.
The driveaway prices* of the two models are:
- Mahindra XUV700 AX7 – AUD $36,990
- Mahindra XUV700 AX7 L – AUD $39,990
The XUV700 is sold with 7 years/ 150,000 kms warranty, whichever is earlier. A 24/7/365 Roadside Assistance Plan is included for the same period.
There is an XUV700 for everyone who seeks a sophisticated and tough SUV. The XUV700 comes with Two variants packed with an exhaustive list of features as below:
|· Dual HD 26 cm Infotainment and 26 cm Digital Cluster screens
· Android Auto/ Apple CarPlay Compatibility
· 6 Speakers with Sound Staging
· 2nd row seat with armrest and cup holder
· Reverse Camera
· LED DRL & Arrowhead LED Taillamps
· Fog Lamps
· Rear Wiper & defogger
· Skyroof (Panoramic sunroof)
· LED Clear-view Headlamps with Auto Booster
· Latest Gen Electronic Stability Program
· Cornering Lamp
· 2nd row Map lamps
· Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
o Adaptive Cruise Control
o Smart Pilot Assist
o Forward Collision Warning
o Automatic Emergency Braking
o Lane Departure Warning
o Lane Keep Assist
o Traffic Sign Recognition
o High Beam Assist
· 6 airbags
· Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
· Push Button Start
· R18 Diamond Cut Alloy
· Leatherette Seat & IP
· Leather Steering & Gear lever
· 6-Way Power seat with Memory and Welcome retract
· Intelli Control
· Auto Headlamps
· Rain Sensing Wiper
· Power fold ORVM
· One Touch Driver Power Window with Smart Close
· Dual Zone Climate Control
· Co-driver Ergo lever
· 3rd Row Air conditioning
· Flexible Boot Space (3rd row 50:50 with recline)
· Adjustable Headrests for all passengers
|In addition to features of AX7, the AX7L has:
· Blind View Monitor
· 3D Audio with 12 Speaker
· 360° Surround View
· Knee Airbag
· Passive Keyless Entry
· Electronic Park Brake
· Stop and Go function in Adaptive Cruise Control
· Telescopic steering
· Vanity Mirror illumination
· Electric Smart Door Handles
· Wireless Charging
Founded in 1945, the Mahindra Group is one of the largest and most admired multinational federation of companies with 260,000 employees in over 100 countries. It enjoys a leadership
position in farm equipment, utility vehicles, information technology and financial services in India and is the world’s largest tractor company by volume. It has a strong presence in renewable energy, agriculture, logistics, hospitality and real estate.
The Mahindra Group has a clear focus on leading ESG globally, enabling rural prosperity and enhancing urban living, with a goal to drive positive change in the lives of communities and stakeholders to enable them to Rise.
To know more about Mahindra Australia:
Brand website: https://www.mahindra.com.au/, https://auto.mahindra.com/pages/global
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MahindraAus, @MahindraAutoGlobal
Instagram: @MahindraAustralia, @MahindraAutoGlobal
YouTube: Mahindra Australia, Mahindra Auto Globa